Pages

Thursday 16 January 2014

Moar Hats!

Now that the bachelorette party is over, I can share pictures of the other hats I made! I got the job of making little hats for everyone participating. They turned out to be a great idea, it was easy to make sure no one got lost when you could just count the little tufts of tulle you could see. And everyone liked their hat, which was great!


There were nine hats altogether, with the fanciest one naturally for the bride-to-be. I made the bases myself with felt and sugar, then used the leftover fabric from my shortened dress to make them match the wedding theme colours which were white, grey and blue. For decorations I bought a a meter of dark grey tulle and a meter of lighter grey tulle, and some grey organza. I made some rosettes with the fabric and scoured the shops for other suitable decorations, which ended up being a pile of discount white hair clip flowers from H&M, a pack of  glittery snow flake Christmas decorations, a packet of fake branches and two little white birds. I already had some blue veiling and a lot of white soft tulle stashed away.










This one was for the bride-to-be!
 It's hard to see the sizes from the pictures, but all of the hats were quite small so they stayed on nicely with just one clip. I almost ran out of hair clips but noticed I could use the clips from the hair flowers I had already gotten for decoration and all was well! The bride's hat got extra treatment, I glued silver toned beads to it and too time to glue some petals on the branches to look like flower buds. I didn't want all the white flowers to be the same size, that looked boring, so I cut off some outer petals from a few and used those cut petals as buds. I think it worked really well!

Some of the participants told me they'll use the hats at the wedding also. I'm so happy everyone liked theirs, and it's such an easy accessory! It's good to know the hats get some use even after the party, and they do match the theme colours.

20 comments:

  1. You are very talented! I like hats so much, but only on others, can't imagine wearing them over my deathhawk lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally understand, I used to have a 'hawk too, back then hair clips and bands were out of the question :)

      Delete
  2. The hats are amazing especially the bride's one! I really like the little bird one too! So great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It as fun to make them too!

      Delete
  3. These are really great! Every one unique but they all match together... What a great friend you are to bring those to the party...

    I do have a question though: Do you really use fabric and sugar for the bases? his ist not very water resitant, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love getting out all the decorations and mixing and matching to get complimenting designs. The bases are not water resistant, but since they are covered in fabric, they are not very prone to getting wet.

      Delete
  4. Todella kauniita hattuja! :) Olisiko sulla minkäänmoista tutoriaalia näihin? Periaatteessa voisi itsekin alkaa väsäillä, mutta olisi mukava nähdä ensin yksi tapa tehdä hattusia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mulla ei taida olla kunnon tutoriaalia, mutta voisinkin koittaa tehdä kun pitäis vielä hattu tai pari väsätä, hyvä idea :)

      Delete
  5. Wooow! You are a genius! :D I wish I could make such cute little hatties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, what a lovely thing to say!

      Delete
  6. Wow! they are lovely, and you made them all unique! I agree with those who will use them at the wedding, they are too nice to not use them more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping to see many at the wedding!

      Delete
  7. These are all so gorgeous! I think there is no end to your crafting talents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Upeita, upea idea ja upeaa, että jaksoit tehdä tuollaisia! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...