Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Völkerschlachtdenkmal, what a Word!

Just a quick update before we check out of the hotel and there's no internet anymore! We went to see the Völkerschlachtdenkmal, battle of nations memorial that I've missed previous years. It was HUGE, a big stone monument with statues and a great view from up top.

Me at the denkmal.

Südfriedhof, the southern graveyard, was next to the monument so we had a quick walk there too. I love garden-like graveyards and this one had such a lovely atmosphere with all the colourful flowers and gravestones hidden in the midst of trees and bushes.

A stone angel at the Südfriedhof.
I'll post more pics later, once I've gotten a good night's sleep in my own bed :)

2 comments:

  1. kultur kan vara så fascinerande!
    och.. vart har du köpt det halssmycket!? Det är asläckert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets see how my Swedish is! ;D Smycket är från Queen of Darkness, jag tänka den är en nyhet.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...