Pages

Sunday 1 April 2012

Shabby Party Look

Yesterday was another friend's birthday party, but I didn't have too much time to get ready and didn't have any ideas for what to wear. At least half of all Finns are born near this time of year, since their parents have gotten wild on Midsummer ;P I was planning on fixing my hair, but just left it in a messy bun. The party was excellent, lots of friends, enough beer and good music!

We had a pre-party at our place and mainly played with cats and drank some wine. We also tried a new drink, the recipe was from Meagan's blog, check it out here! We couldn't find Blue Curacao, so it was replaced with Parfait Amour, making the drink more gothy with it's fancy purple colour. The taste was superb!

My boyfriend took pictures of my look, I even took the time to change the lens to my camera. The 50mm lens is really nice, it makes the background blurry and doesn't have the slight fish-eye effect the lens I normally use does.

I did a quick smoky eye with Fyrinnae's Madame and Eve's, a black with super sparkly teal glitter, put some Sugarpill Tako on the inner corners and put some lip stain on. I bought two of the new Maybelline Tint Glosses (it was my pay day so I got excited), I'll do a review on them later.

I used:
Fyrinnae Madame and Eve's (from the Arcane Magic collection)
Sugarpill Tako
Maybelline Super Stay 10h Tint Gloss in Timeless Plum

Fyrinnae Madame and Eve's
Maybelline Super Stay 10h Tint Gloss Timeless Plum
Look at the lovely glitter!


My hairdo is done with great care by putting your hair up and keeping it like that overnight.




11 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I love Madam and Eve's and wore it the other day for the first time in a long time. Not sure why I don't grab it more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I had only swatched it before, and randomly found it in my black eyeshadow box. Now that I'm better with blending, I'm sure I'll be looking into the box more often ;P

      Delete
    2. I need to dig through my boxes and find some of my old beloved colors. :)

      Delete
  2. Ihanat silmät :) Sun meikkailuja on kiva seurata, kun en ole koskaan itse ollut hääppöinen meikkaamaan! Silmämeikkiä en ikinä uskalla vetää niin tummaksi kuin haluaisin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mäkin olen vasta aikuisiällä opetellut kunnolla meikkaamaan, että koskaan ei ole myöhäistä. Tumma silmämeikki on paljolti tottumuskysymys, aluksi se näyttää oudolta kasvoilla mutta parissa päivässä alkaa tuntua tosi kotoisalta :)

      Delete
  3. Oooooh my GOSH. Why do I not own Madame & Eve's yet?!?!! I need to place another Fyrinnae order soon now, just to get that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty! Also the formula is superb, it lasted all night on UDPP base and the glitter didn't vanish like with some shadows. I usually use Pixie Epoxy to get the glitter really going, but this one worked even without it.

      Delete
  4. I really REALLY want that eyeshadow! Too bad it's probably not available anymore :( You look beautiful in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still listed on the site! And the mini-size is only two dollars, super cheap. The minis last ages, I don't even own any full sizes, because I think I would never have the time to use up even a mini ;)

      Delete
  5. I will always "ooooohhhhh and ahhhhh" over pretty shimmery eyes :)
    Glad you enjoyed the cocktail, I could go for one now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I giggled like mad from your hair comment,"My hairdo is done with great care by putting your hair and keeping it like that overnight." I really love your eye makeup too the color is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...