Pages

Friday 6 April 2012

L'Oreal ColorAppeal Trio Look

Today I used one of my favourite (and oldest) palettes, L'Oreal ColorAppeal Trio Pro in 323 Smoky Chestnut. It's a eyeshadow trio in brown shades.

Mine is quite worn, it's about four years old, but it still seems to be available. Still, nothing has broken and even the tiny applicators are surprisingly useful. The palette claims to be meant for grey eyes, but it works really well with my green-grey-blue eyes, better than the blue and green eye palettes.
The palette has a light champagne shade with some neutral shimmer, a medium reddish brown (works really well with green eyes) and a cold dark brown. According to the instructions on the back, the lightest shade is for highlighting, the medium goes on the whole lid and the darkest is used instead of eyeliner on the base of the lashes on upper and lower lid.

The colours look too light in this picture, the one with the lid closed shows them better.


I use it a bit different, I put the lightests shade on the browbone and inners corners of eyes, use the medium shade on outer part of lids and the crease, and add the darkest on top of the medium in the outer corners to deepen it. I have tried it according to the palette instructions, but it didn't look as nice as my technique on my eye shape. The colours still go very well together, so you could do many looks with this palette.

I also have MAC Fluidline liner on upper lid and Gosh lipstain in 002 Pink.



6 comments:

  1. I love the way you apply it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always thought the palette instructions were a bit weird and did it my way ;P

      Delete
  2. Kasvosi ovat jotenkin todella...ilmeikkäät! En keksinyt kuvaavampaakaan sanaa, mutta hienot piirteet omaat. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...