Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

MAC Haul

I visited the only MAC counter in Finland on the weekend to spend a voucher I got for Christmas. I googled some products that I wanted to try beforehand, and I had purchased a sample of Fluidline in Blacktrack and a metallic purple shade. The purple wasn't nice, but it might have dried a bit already when I got it. I was recommended that the lip products were good.

I hadn't ever shopped at a counter before, so I was afraid they'd just look me down because I don't quite fit the normal beauty standards, but I was very happy to find a lady who not only found the perfects products for me, but was also very nice and told me she liked my hair and had used to keep hers a shock red color! I tried some lipsticks but couldn't decide on a a colour, so in the end I went with a foundation, concealer, primer-tihngie and the gel liner. I had never had a professional pick a foundation for me, so this time the colour really fits me well. I've tried all the products already and I like them a lot!

Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation - A foundation with sunblock. I got this in NW15 which is the second lightest shade. The sales person recommended this shade as it was less yellow than the lightest and I think it blends really well with my skin. The formula in moisturising and not too thick to my liking.

Strobe Liquid Lotion - This is not technically a primer, rather a shimmery lotion that can be put underneath or on top of foundation, or even mixed with it. Gives a dewy complexion with not too much shimmer. On it's own it shimmers blueish, but strange thought it sounds, doesn't look bad on skin. I've tried it under the foundation and it gives a really pretty glow. There's also a cream formula available, but the sales person recommended the lotion to me because my skin tends to get oily. The bottle has a clever mechanism of keeping the pump from moving during storage, the bottom part of the cap slides left and right, you can see it in my picture below.

Select Cover-Up - A concealer intended for use under eyes. Has a really nice formula and covers dark circles under eyes well. Mine is in NW20, a bit darker than the foundation but the sales person was of the opinion that this avoids the inverse raccoon look that comes with too light concealer. It works well on my skin, so I think she was right! It dries to a matte finish and doesn't need powdering, so avoiding drying the tender skin around the eyes. I find it stays a bit sticky for a long time, so I recommend adding this last when doing eye make-up, especially if you are working with dark loose eyeshadow. Otherwise you might have quite a mess!

Fluidline in Blacktrack - The famous gel liner. Also famous for drying up easily, so I'll try to close the lid tightly after every use. It's creamy and glides on well. I use it with a thin eyeliner brush. I really like how liquid the consistency is, it's easy to fill in gaps between eyelashes, and the gel still has so much pigment that you don't have to go over the same spot twice. I fell in love with the sample I used up earlier, so I hope the liner will stay good for a long time. I also tried a purple shade, thinking I might do my brows with it to go with my purple hair, but it was less pigmented and I hate trying to go over gel liner lines again, it's so hard not to mess it up. So I took only the black liner and will keep looking for the perfect purple one!

I liked shopping at the counter, the ladies were very helpful and nice. I'll be sure to visit it again in the future and maybe purchase one of the lipsticks I tried!

A picture of my very moderate haul!

I also did some more shopping and got a new skirt and a top, and these super cute tins for my kitchen! They fit so well with my turquoise and white dotted apron (which I almost never use, my other half does the cooking) and the pink table cloth I got last summer. I shove all kitschy stuff in to the kitchen and it's finally starting to look nice! The tins cost 15 euros a piece. I had drooled over these in some foreign web shop before so I was very happy to come across them!
For sugar!
I don't drink coffee so I filled this one with cocoa for hot chocolate



Since I still had time, I went to check out the new exhibition at the museum of modern art. I've always liked the place, the building looks cool and I've yet to see a boring exhibition there. This one was about music, pop-culture and fans, it had lots of video art in it. My favourite was a video that only showed dance house dancing in slow motion (think of jiggling butt cheeks), performed by dancers wearing silly leggings, Sami national garb and PVC-panties. I have no idea what the artist was trying to say, but it was hilarious! So everyone in Helsinki, stop by Kiasma to see the exhibition if you like silly dancing and music!

When I got home after two hours on the train, I concentrated on watching TV and giving my feet a nice warm bath after all the walking. I topped it off by painting my toe nails with a Depend mini polish in shade number 54. It's maybe a bit too bright for me, but it still looks nice and makes me happy :)


My poor feet after hours of walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...