Pages

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Neutral Shades Look

Here's my make-up today! I didn't have much time in the morning (I'm terrible at getting up early) so I went for a simple neutral look. I'm sorry about the blurry pics, I had trouble taking photos because there's so little light that the camera doesn't want to focus :( The indoor lighting washes out the taupe, but I'll promise to take better pics in natural light. I want spring to come already so I can take decent pictures and plant some seeds!

What I used:

Face
MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation
MAC Select Cover-up (undereyes)
MAC Strobe Liquid Lotion (only on cheekbones and chin)
L'Oreal Smoothing Resurfacing Primer (only on my forehead)
Lumene blush Sweet Blush

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Yogurt
Geek Chic Cosmetics The Pointy End
MAC Fluidline Blactrack
Random soft kohl pencil for waterline
False eyelashes

Lips
Evil Shades lipstick Primrose Path


Eyes only

The Pointy End is a shimmery taupe from Geek Chic Cosmetics' Win or Die collection which is inspired by George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire books. I love the books and the Pointy End is one of my favourite colours partly because Arya is one of my favourite characters :) MAC Yogurt doesn't really show up on my skin, just evens out the tone, so I use it as a base for other shadows. Primrose Path by Evil Shades is one of my favourite natural coloured lipsticks, it has a nice amount of shimmer and is very close to my natural lip colour. It also has a yummy candy smell to it!

The MAC foundation works really well, in the pictures I've been wearing it for over eight hours and just lightly blotted the shine off my forehead before taking pictures. The lashes are a bit too long for this look, but I didn't have any that looked like I wanted so these were the closest match.



Whoops, wonky eyeliner and a blurry picture!

3 comments:

  1. gosh you're gorgeous! stunning eyes! *__*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please tell me, what false lashes did you use? I've been looking for a pair JUST like them, they're perfect! =3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...